Why Choose US
We are passionate about what we do!
- We have over 20 years of experience delivering workshops and performances both in the UK and internationally.
- Our testimonials and feedback speak for themselves, we have even been awarded the Points of Light Award for our work in schools by the former Prime Minister Rt Honourable David Cameron.
- Osun arts holds aDBS Check andPublic Liability Insurance as well as a functional Child Protection Policy in place to safeguard vulnerable people
- All our facilitators are from Africa and know the real African tradition so you are guaranteed an authentic African Workshop.
- Our workshops include Dance, Drama, Music, Storytelling Visual Arts, Performance and Exhibitions, Cookery and we can design any of our workshops to suit your individual requirements.
- Osun Arts performs all over the UK and can travel to anywhere in the UK and Europe to deliver workshops or performances. So be rest assured that you will see us on the booked day even at short notice.
We are passionate about what we do and strive to make sure all our workshop participants get the most out of their experience. A number of our facilitators are actually trained teachers themselves and have the necessary skills to meet the learning objectives our workshops.
Our workshops are carefully designed to make them suitable for all ages and abilities.
We are not an agency. As an artists led organisation, we personally know all artists that work for us. Many of our artists have performed together on stage for many years so know and trust each other.
Other Areas Worth Booking.
Our African drumming, Performances, Contemporary African Dance, Mask Making, Anti Bullying and Team Building Workshop
Workshops – A description of the workshops and what they contain, arts (batik), dance, percussion, a final performance in the school, if applicable, etc.
Explain the purpose of the workshops, why should they book, make this page benefits led!
Why should you book Osun Arts?
We have managed and developed effective relationships with schools for over 20 years across the UK, and have equipped ourselves with the skills and experience to deliver a ‘best in class’ authentic African arts experience
When you book a workshop with Osun Arts we plan project delivery meetings with teachers and pupils. We manage our projects very well and evaluate our work. We work together as a team and collaborate with other creative agents in the industry.
We enjoy being asked questions about African culture and attempting to relate those issues to British culture. Each participant is given the opportunity to put forward their opinions and discuss solutions on how the issue of racial harmony can be promoted.
At Osun Arts, we believe that the power of musical participation and collaboration can enhance the understanding of different cultures in Britain’s Multi-Cultural Society. Quite often, in some communities, it would be unusual for certain racial groups to play music and dance with each other. Osun Arts takes advantage of the school environment to improve working with others and challenge racial stereotypes.
The very nature of what Osun Arts offers is an unusual experience for the majority of participants within a classroom situation. We inspire the children to be involved within performances, even those who may feel awkward in a workshop situation.
The artists encourage and create a warm atmosphere amongst the pupils. In one instance, a head teacher said that we had enabled a child who found it difficult to relate to other children since joining the school, to talk and smile in front of the whole class.
What We Do?